NEW YORK, March 28, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Medivis, a medical imaging and visualization company, today announced the launch of “AnatomyX” — its augmented reality (AR) platform for anatomy education. Currently enabled on Microsoft’s HoloLens AR technology and Magic Leap’s spatial computing device, Magic Leap One, AnatomyX offers any member of a large university or medical institution — students, instructors and administrators — an enterprise-grade learning platform for the study of human anatomy, physiology and pathology.
Benefits and features of AnatomyX include:
- Exceptional Life-Like Detail: Provides access to expertly modeled male and female bodies from real patient CT/MRI imaging, with more than 5,000 unique structures that are continuously updated for ever-growing detail. Each model includes advanced textures, normal maps and lighting for a superior photorealistic experience.
- State-of-the-Art Interactive Design: Users can access more than 100 voice commands for easy navigation by system and/or region. Hand gesture controls using the latest in computer vision technology are also available along with advanced speech recognition API for medical terminology. Exclusively with Magic Leap, an optional six-degree-of-freedom control is integrated for precise interactions.
- Powerful Dashboards: Secure accounts can be created on the platform for every student, professor and administrator. All data, including quiz/test results, is securely stored in the Medivis cloud infrastructure. The platform’s advanced analytics then allow for powerful instructor insight into student and class progress.
- Multi-User Collaboration: The platform allows for real-time collaboration with up to 20 users simultaneously and advanced modes including dissection, isolation, and mastery. The platform provides limitless self-exploration and/or expertly guided instruction.
“AnatomyX has evolved from an app to a rich platform for the interactive study of human anatomy,” said Jennifer Esposito, Vice President, Health at Magic Leap. “AnatomyX pushes the boundaries of Magic Leap’s technology — incorporating unique interaction elements and user sensing capabilities to provide students and instructors an innovative platform to learn and teach. We’re thrilled to be a part of Medivis’ journey as they take anatomy education to new heights.”
Leading medical institutions and universities such as West Coast University are already using AnatomyX to accelerate their learning curriculums. Initial research from pilot institutions has shown:
- 15% higher student performance on standardized assessments
- 90% of students reported enhanced understanding of curriculum material
- 90% of students reported strong value with the overall learning experience
Pilot partnerships are available to assess the quantitative and qualitative enhancements to the student educational experience. Participants gain access to the Medivis library of content and comprehensive technical support to ensure success. For more information on how to join the program, please visit www.medivis.com/anatomy-x .
Medivis is a medical imaging and visualization company for surgical applications. Its leading Augmented Reality (AR) platform SurgicalAR leverages Microsoft HoloLens technology to improve surgical precision and operator confidence while ensuring patient safety. Medivis was founded by neurosurgeon Osamah Choudhry, MD and radiologist Christopher Morley, MD and is headquartered in Brooklyn, NY. Learn more at https://medivis.com.